Cross gcc Mailing List Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

build gcc as a cross-compiler with a cross-compiler (2)

Hi,

I previously asked the question here below, and I think it needs further
information.

- When I try to compile my cross gcc (gcc-9) with the cross compiler
(gcc-dpmi), it fails when attempting to link cccp with 'obstack.o' already
compiled with the native gcc-sunos ($HOST_CC).
The make process compiles the latter with the host compiler when building
'genattr', and uses the object files with the cross compiler (gcc-dpmi).

- I didn't find anything useful in the doc related to configure and/or
canadian cross.

Did anyone ever succeded in such operation or is it that gcc's makefile is
not intended to work that way?

Thank you again

--Laurent

> I'm trying to build gcc as a cross-compiler, with a cross-compiler (the
> actual context follows the message), and I have some problems with the
> compilation of 'gen<thing>' in gcc which must not be compiled with the
> cross-compiler, but with the native one.
> I believe there must be a mean to do that without breaking the
> makefiles.
>
> Any hint to help me?
[...]