Cross gcc Mailing List Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

build gcc as a cross-compiler with a cross-compiler

Hi,

I'm trying to build gcc as a cross-compiler, with a cross-compiler (the
actual context follows the message), and I have some problems with the
compilation of 'gen<thing>' in gcc which must not be compiled with the
cross-compiler, but with the native one.
I believe there must be a mean to do that without breaking the
makefiles.

Any hint to help me?

Thank you

--Laurent

--- context ---
I work under sunos
I have gcc-2.7.2 as native compiler for sunos (gcc-sunos)
I have gcc-2.7.2 customized for my microcontroller (gcc-9). I compile it
with gcc-sunos
I have a cross gcc-2.7.2 for msdos-dpmi (gcc-dpmi)
I want to compile gcc-9 with gcc-dpmi. It fails.
NB. It works fine for binutils-2.7