Cross gcc Mailing List Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

soft fp emulation for m68k

An rtems user has informed me that this library is not reentrant.  Is
there a way to save the state of this library so a context switch between
different tasks could perform this action?

A quick look at the output of nm for the msoft-float libgcc.a shows only
a handful of symbols which I think have to be addressed.  Is the lb1sf68.asm
code considered volatile?  Here is the worst case list I think would have
to be switched:

00000000 D __shtab
00000032 D __new_handler
0000006c D _fpCCR
0000006c d __exception_bits
0000006e d __trap_enable_bits
00000070 d __sticky_bits
00000072 d __rounding_mode
00000074 d __format
00000076 d __last_operation
00000078 d __operand1
00000080 d __operand2

If I remember everything right, some of these symbols don't even have to
do with software FP.

Ideas, hints, suggestions appreciated.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Sr. Computer Scientist
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index