Cross gcc Mailing List Archive

[Next][Index][Thread]

-m68020 -fnobitfields != -mcpu32 ?

Hello again everyone.  I've nearly got my GNU RTEMS m68k system up and
going.  There is one little thing that has been niggling at me ever since
I started.

The Motorola CPU32 is nearly a 68020 lacking only the bitfield
instructions and a couple of addressing modes (plus a couple of extra
instructions).  Gas takes an option of -mcpu32 but there is no such
option for gcc.  The closest I can come up with is -m68020
-fnobitfields.  My question is will these options generate some illegal
code which uses one of the unsupported 68020 addressing modes on a
CPU32?  Or is it all taken care of in the assembly phase.  (I do have a
-Wa,-m68360 flag passed to the assembler).

I hope someone has the answer to this - you guys have answered all my
questions so far!

Thanks,

Tim Potter.