Cross gcc Mailing List Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

objdump/objcopy

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a Motorola S-records file to
coff-m68k format.  My objcopy/objdump support both formats but
I can't successfully convert from srec to coff-m68k.  The
srec file name is rom.ms; when I dump the contents with
"objdump --full-contents rom.ms", objdump recognizes the
file format as srec and dumps the contents.  Then I try
to convert it to coff-m68k by "objcopy -I srec -O coff-m68k rom.ms rom.x"
and it always complains "Output file cannot represent architecture UNKNOWN!",
but it does create the file rom.x.  However, when I try to dump the
contents of rom.x with "objdump --full-contents rom.x", it says
"File format not recognized".

Any suggestions?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pete

Home | Subject Index | Thread Index