Cross gcc Mailing List Archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RTEMS questions

I have some questions about my first RTEMS application.

My new board is now up and running. Its a 68332 with 256K fast SRAM.
RTEMS is working, I'm using a trivially modified version of John
S Gwynne's EFI332 port. I can run most of the samples, which is
reasuring, and have stand-alone programs to talk to some of my
peripherals.

So, my questions are:

1) where do I start writing RTEMS device drivers? (!)
I have an idea what I'd like them to do, but where do I register the
device numbers, and what are 'good' numbers to use? If anyone has any
sample code (for a dummy driver?) then that would be great, but
probably too much to expect.

2) what to I need to do to get C++ support going. I've turned on support in
the .cfg file, the cdtest compiles, but bombs out straight away when
the program runs. I can run c++ programs OK stand-alone.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and to the RTEMS people at
Redstone, the EFI people, the FSF etc, etc (and anyone else who knows
me, as they say in phone-in chat shows over here).