bad behaviour/problem, was: interesting behavior/problem

Brent Mosbrook (brentm@zyxel.com)
Wed, 30 Mar 1994 02:59:26 +0200

On Tue, 29 Mar 1994 hm@ix.de wrote:

>    This basically goes on forever.  I fixed it by cycling modem power.
>
>    Oh, BTW, the ioctl TCGETX message seems to be "normal".  In other words, I have
>    been using v0.18 on 8 lines for quite a while like this.
>
>    Any ideas?  Are the 1496E modems known to lock up once in a while?

yes, there was a problem that occured infrequently in roms up to (and
including) 6.11a.  It has been fixed, and we are hearing good reports
from the folks testing the beta roms.

> To my deep grief, yes :( That's what I was talking about all the time.
> I hope that the upgrade to 6.11a fixes that. Brent?

no, but the new rom will.

BTW: a new beta, (T328xx) has been put on the FTP site.  It is password
protected, so email for more info...

this is an exclusive offer for all you mgetty fans :)

Brent Mosbrook                                brentm@zyxel.com
Technical Support                           voice - 714-693-0808
ZyXEL                                       BBS -   714-693-0762
FTP - ftp.sdsc.edu   /pub/other/zyxel       Fax -   714-693-8811