interesting behavior/problem

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 24 Mar 1994 11:25:47 +0100

Hi,

David Vrona wrote:
> I recently got a call from a user that reported that the dialup lines kept
> ringing with no answer.  I checked the situation and found that the first 4
> lines were being used by inbound calls but the 5th line wasn't answering the
> phone.  It just kept ringing.....

That's what Harald Milz, Klaus Lichtenwalder and I were referring to as
"modem lockups"... happens once in a while - with 6.11a, maybe once in a
month.

> 03/19 12:17:29  ioctl TCGETX: Bad address

That one seems to be a problem of /some/ SVR4 systems, that do not
implement the "termiox" stuff as in the man page I have. Please check this
ioctl() in tio.c vs. the "termiox" man page and tell me whether you see
any mistake in my code.

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de