interesting behavior/problem

Brent Mosbrook (brentm@zyxel.com)
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 21:29:28 +0100

On Sun, 20 Mar 1994, David Vrona wrote:

> I recently got a call from a user that reported that the dialup lines kept
> ringing with no answer.  I checked the situation and found that the first 4
> lines were being used by inbound calls but the 5th line wasn't answering the
> phone.  It just kept ringing.....

[log deleted]

> This basically goes on forever.  I fixed it by cycling modem power.
>
> Any ideas?  Are the 1496E modems known to lock up once in a while?

There was a problem reported where the modem gets caught in an internal
loop.. not responding to commands, and needs to be reset.  The fix for
that is currently being tested.  The next rom release will incorporate
the fix.

Brent Mosbrook                                brentm@zyxel.com
Technical Support                           voice - 714-693-0808
ZyXEL                                       BBS -   714-693-0762
FTP - ftp.sdsc.edu   /pub/other/zyxel       Fax -   714-693-8811