A little problem when receiving FAXes from CompuServe ...

HAL9000 (root@ganymed.phiger.com)
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 21:08:31 +0100

Hi all,

I just discovered a little problem when receiving FAXes created
by a CompuServe user. It seems that the CompuServe "Sender ID"
garbles the filename creation for the spooled G3 fax files:

Fax Getty wrote:
> From root Mon Mar 14 19:24:19 1994
> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 94 19:24 CET
> Subject: fax from       CompuServe/FAX
> To: root
> From: root (Fax Getty)
>
> A fax has arrived:
> Sender ID:       CompuServe/FAX
                             ^
                             +-- this "/" seems to be the problem

> Pages received: 3
>
> Communication parameters: +FDCS:0,3,0,2,0,0,0,0
>     Resolution : normal
>     Bit Rate   : 9600
>     Page Width : 1728 pixels
>     Page Length: unlimited
>     Compression: 0 (1d mod Huffman)
>     Error Corr.: none
>     Scan Time  : 0
>
> Reception Time : 1:9
>

> Spooled G3 fax files:
>

>   /tmp/FAXnab8a.01
>   /tmp/FAXnab8a.02
>   /tmp/FAXnab8a.03
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-- these should've gone to
                       /usr/local/lib/fax/incoming in my setup...

Any idea why this happened, and how I can fix this?

(No, I haven't had the chance to check the source so far. I'm out for
 training the whole week ;-)

Regards,
		Uwe
--