Vgetty voctopvf conversion problems

Klaus Weidner (klaus@snarc.greenie.muc.de)
Sat, 12 Mar 1994 23:58:00 +0100

gary@panics.wimsey.com (Gary Gunderson) wrote:
> I've been trying to convert some 'voc' files using voctopvf from the
> mgetty 019 release without success. The response I get from the convertor is:
>
> 		unkown block type 9 skipping...

> I am wondering, therefore, what it is that I am doing wrong in creating these
> voc files? Is it possible that the versions of my sound files utilties
> (the Creative ones) a very new and are producing voc files that I won't be
> able to use?

There are lots of different types of `voc' files which can contain
quite complicated types of data. I only wrote a converter for the
simple types, i.e. uncompressed voice data. The audio-formats
FAQ (which I used as documentation) doesn't even mention a block
type 9, so I assume that it is quite new.

You could take a look at the SOX (sound exchange) program, which
can handle lots more data types than my own routines. I don't know
if this includes the one you need.

Klaus
--
\ klaus@snarc.greenie.muc.de--kweidner@physik.tu-muenchen.de--2:246/55.4