no more problems with SVR4.2

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 11:12:47 +0100

Hi,

Martin Brueggebors wrote:
> it's magic!

Sounds so.

> yesterday RTS/CTS seemed to be inoperable and gone,
> today it works perfectly and stable.
>
> yesterday any try to use /dev/tty01h (what is supposed to support
> hw-handshake) ended up in a 'process is respawning too rapidly' message.
> today this is what succeeded on the first try.

Very strange.

> i'm living quite near to the river elbe and the north sea. maybe the high
> tide, in conjuction with the moon, and some litte shiny creatures in the
> sky ... unix is fascinating. (sigh...)

Ummm, did you ask your tribe shaman whether the star constellation is good
for compilation or whether you have to sacrifice some 4Mbit-Chips first?

To be serious again, I'm quite interested in hearing about your next
tries, behaviour of mgetty after the next reboot, and such things.

> P.S. no, i didn't change policy.h! but i recompiled mgetty as 'root'.
>      shouldn't change anything, should it?

Well, no. ;-)

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de