SVR4.2 RTS/CTS Problem

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 10 Mar 1994 12:34:54 +0100

Hi,

Martin Brueggebors wrote:
> i just installed mgetty 0.18 on my onsite unix svr4.2, v1.1
> the installation was easy, but the rts/cts handshake doesnt't work.

Well, as far as I know, mgetty doesn't work properly on 4.2 yet. Someone
else has also noted that the TCGETX / TCSETX ioctl()s to enable/disable
h/w flow control doesn't work (but maybe that is not a problem on Onsite
SVR4.2)

> via /dev/tty01 i connected a pc, running telemate.

Is it possible that the system never does h/w handshake on tty01? That you
have to use tty01h instead?

> the pc drops CTS correctly, but the unix system doesn't stop sending
> data when telemate is configured only to use rts/cts, but no xon/xoff.
> things get better when i turn on xon/off, or both. (except for zmodem
> transfers, which will hang with xon/xoff turned on)

Hmmm. Zmodem will break when the line is not 8bit-clean, that's for sure.
(just strange that it doesn't turn it off itself)

> the port is a standard i/o card with 2*rs232 (16450), nothing special.
> it works allright under dos (but watch my signature :-)
> i tried /dev/tty01h with no success.

What happens on tty01h?

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de