WAS Re: Black List... is hanging ZyXEL now

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 11:31:33 +0100

Hi,

Klaus Lichtenwalder wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 1994, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > Would be interesting, though, to watch the modem / mgetty reinitialization
> > tries *while it is happening* - but I think I'm daydreaming...

[..]
> mgetty's logfile, mgetty lowers DTR, raises it again and sends its
> AT-Initstring and waits for response, that never comes. Then there's the
> alarm and you get an "timeout in chat script", bumm.

Ok, that's what I thought. Now, what happens the moment it locks up? Which
signal line (DCD, RTS, CTS, DTR, ...) gets set to what at which time?
*That* would be interesting.

(My modem still refuses to lock up...)

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de