WAS Re: Black List... is hanging ZyXEL now

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 23:22:59 +0100

Hi,

Brent Mosbrook wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 1994 hm@ix.de wrote:
>
> > CTS is always on irrespective of whether it hangs or
> > not. If it hangs, only DTR is low. The modem in
[..]
> the known problem was that CTS would stick low, and you would lose control
> of the modem.  if DTR is staying low, then the computer is holding it
> there..

Well, I did not experience lockups for quite a while, so I can only guess
- but I'd say that DTR stays low because "init" deactivates mgetty after
so many unsuccessful tries, so no process has the port open, so the driver
pulls DTR low automatically.

Would be interesting, though, to watch the modem / mgetty reinitialization
tries *while it is happening* - but I think I'm daydreaming...

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de