How to handle incompatible modems?

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 01:18:44 +0100

Hi,

Russell Nelson wrote:
>    From: klaus@snarc.greenie.muc.de (Klaus Weidner)
>    Date: 	Sun, 6 Mar 1994 15:46:54 +0100
>    Cc: mgetty@muc.de
>
>    > I think they're both good ideas.  How about if I just hack the necessary
>    > changes into vgetty's files, then send you diffs?  Then you can determine
>    > the best way to add the changes.
>
>    I'd like to do the modularization first, this should make it easier
>    to localize the changes. I already have a set of patches for Rockwell
>    modems.
>
> :)  And Gert says to do it as ifdefs first.

Well, actually, I can speak only for the data/fax part of our source
tree - since Klaus' stuff in voice/ is completely separate (now) from my
stuff, and he needs just a few changes in mgetty.c == vgetty.c, it should
be fairly easy to radically change the inner workings of the voice
libraries without touching anything "belonging" to mgetty. So, it's
completely his choice.

gert
--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de