bad fax story... follow up

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Sun, 6 Mar 1994 16:37:35 +0100

Hi,

Claude Gelinas Agr. wrote:
> Could mgetty-sendfax be able to receive fax at 14400 speed or it's too fast :-)

Mgetty can (I do most of my testing faxing from one of my modems to the
other one - at 14400). Can your machine? What's your port speed?

> normally fax speed range from 2400 to 9600 and i have no problem but when i
> receive high speed fax  i can't read it or print it. The log file are ok and

Sounds like a port overrun problem. What kind of modem, machine, port type
are you using?

> here are wath i receive as incomming message. Anybody able to tell me how to
> catch that beast... :-{)
[..]
> Communication parameters: +FDCS: 1,5,0,2,0,0,0,5
>     Resolution : fine
>     Bit Rate   : 14400
[..]
> Spooled G3 fax files:
>   /usr/spool/fax/incoming/ffd77b28610.01

Well, since there's no error message, the reception was OK - from the
view of mgetty. The fax data file may still be corrupt, since mgetty
doesn't check that (yet).

gert
--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de