WAS Re: Black List... is hanging ZyXEL now

Brent Mosbrook (brentm@zyxel.com)
Fri, 4 Mar 1994 20:00:48 +0100

On Fri, 4 Mar 1994, Chris Lewis wrote:

> Did anyone catch the comment I had about modem hangs I see?  6.20b6
> ROMs.
yes

> Occasionally, the modem will go catatonic, and neither DTR drop
> nor "+++" will wake it up.  It *appears* to be dialins that drop
> early, perhaps even before mgetty has sent the ATA.  My Zyxel
> contact (George van der Bunte at OCOMP Canada), suggested that the
> modem may be listening for CND (I have CND enabled) or EDR (is that
> what it's called?) tones which never come, and isn't listening to the
> RS232 port.  I haven't noticed what state CTS is in.

620B6 roms should not have been given out.  They were beta roms.  It
could well be that the EDR stayed active after 1 ring.  (I didn't test
them enough to be sure, nor do I recall now...)

I would suggest putting in the upcoming 6.12? roms, that will have a
couple EDR fixes in them.  (6.11A's also work fine, except the AT|AT|ATA
issue)

Brent Mosbrook                                brentm@zyxel.com
Technical Support                           voice - 714-693-0808
ZyXEL                                       BBS -   714-693-0762
FTP - ftp.sdsc.edu   /pub/other/zyxel       Fax -   714-693-8811