WAS Re: Black List... is hanging ZyXEL now

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 3 Mar 1994 14:31:18 +0100

Hi,

Klaus Lichtenwalder wrote:
> > > BTW my private Zyxel U1496E which used to crash
> > > sometimes with Linux pl13, pl14 and pl15 still crashes
> > > from time to time. I'm not able to recognize a
[..]

> Yes, i very seldomly experiece crashes, too, with a  6.01P ROM. Looks like
> a race condition, somehow, with competing mgetty, dial-out and probably
> call-in, don't know, it mostly happens late in the night.

Ummm, well, I don't think a race condition in the host could crash the
modem...

The only thing that I could imagine is an attempt to dial out and an
incoming RING in the same second (millisecond?) - that could confuse the
modem. Though I don't think so...

My experience lately has been that sometimes the modem seems to lower CTS
if an incoming call fails, but doesn't lower DCD or so - the process hangs
on the port and doesn't get a SIGHUP until I swtich off the modem. Did not
yet find the time to investigate more closely.

gert
--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de