Black List for Fax Receivers ?

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 3 Mar 1994 14:23:00 +0100

Hi,

hm@ix.de wrote:
>    > (well, look above) gets a "Protocol Error" on the first (second and third)
[..]
>    In the latest version (if you want to upgrade - basically, if it works
>    now, don't!) you can simply #define FAX_SEND_MAX_TRIES 0, then it will
>    never re-send a page. Not bulletproof (sometimes the page is *really* bad,
>
> No it isn't because this might end up in a sent fax which
> lacks one or two pages...

Ummm, what I've seen so far, it's far more frequent for pages to get
resent without any apparent reason (quality is perfect) than for pages to
really get garbled. And *if* the page is garbled, I think the receiver
will call you and ask you to re-send it...

But then, I have the re-send feature enabled myself... ;-)

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de