Black List for Fax Receivers ?

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 3 Mar 1994 11:31:14 +0100

Hi,

Klaus Weidner wrote:
> hm@ix.de wrote:
> > That's my problem too. Maybe switching off the
> > automatic retransmission sort of remedies the problem,
> > but it doesn't really solve it. Anyone?
>
> Gert - did you read the response to your mgetty article in the latest
> (3/94) iX? It was something about how ignoring the +FDCS status
> report might result in problems if the fax on the other side was
> trying to tell you something important. I don't remember the
> details, I just saw it briefly at the library.

I did not yet read it, but if it was from Stefan Stapelberg, then we have
discussed it before.

Yes, ignoring the +FDCS parameters for page length / page width /
compression will lead into problems - *IFF* you use other values than 1-d
compressed, 1728 pixels wide data. That format is supported by every
machine. (And that's what sendfax uses).

So that should not be the problem (also it woud manifest differently, that
is, no data would be printed at all, or the data would be truncated).

gert

--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de