Black List for Fax Receivers ?

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 22:56:01 +0100

Hi,

hm@ix.de wrote:
> OK, but I still want to point out which problems occur
> and how to solve them. 10% of operator interaction is
> way too much for professional use (if the amount of
> faxes is comparably high), and if we don't know which
> problems occur, a certain amount of uncertainty

Yep. Did you experience *any* "resending" problems where the
page was actually garbled? If not, you could just - for the time
being - deactivate the retry logic in sendfax. Not good, but a
workaround...

> remains. Not good for networks where users keep
> questioning the operator silly questions (hear me,
> Gert?).

Well... I'd offer them to ask *me*, but then they would have to
pay for it ;-) ... only working solution here: kill -9 $user

> The goal is a system which works virtually
> without operator interaction. In other words: I don't
> have the time to look after every fax sent.

Agreed, that's what I want to achieve.

Hmmm, everybody else: is there someone who runs mgetty+sendfax on a
heavy duty fax server with a non-ZyXEL modem? Experiences? Is that
"+FPTS:2"- Problem ZyXEL- or sendfax-specific?

gert
--
Ok, Ihr habt gewonnen, hier ist eine neue signature...

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-3243328                         gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de