vgetty: distinctive RING

Russell Nelson (nelson@crynwr.com)
Tue, 1 Mar 1994 12:22:00 +0100

   Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 21:57:22 -800 (PST)
   From: Brent Mosbrook <brentm@zyxel.com>
   Cc: mgetty@greenie.muc.de

   On Mon, 28 Feb 1994, Russell Nelson wrote:

   > BTW, it'd be nice if there was an option to answer as FAX-only.  I've
   > noticed that some FAX modems get confused when they receive modem
   > tones first.  And on my Distinctive Ring line, I only ever get FAXes.

   how about issuing &N32 before ATA on "RING X"??

Well sure, that's exactly what needs to be done, but if I change my
version of the program, then I have to keep changing it whenever Gert
puts one out.  Whereas, if it's an option, or in a TCL script, it
gets preserved from version to version.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>      ftp.msen.com:pub/vendor/crynwr/crynwr.wav
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 (9201 FAX)    | Quakers do it in the light
Potsdam, NY 13676 | LPF member - ask me about the harm software patents do.