mgetty on FreeBSD

Ben Stuyts (benst@terminus.stuyts.nl)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 00:35:48 +0100

Hello,

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, gert@greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Willem van den Bosch wrote:
> > >Make sure that you get the locking right - pppd must create a
> > >'/var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaa1' file, otherwise mgetty won't release the
> > >tty.
> >
> > Dear Gert
> >
> > Thank you for your prompt response, I am sorry to have to ask this but at
> > the moment I don't even know where to start looking for the answer, so if
> > its not a big ask.
> >
> > How!
>
> I have *NO* idea. I don't have a FreeBSD system. Check the pppd man page
> for something like a "lock" option. Ask some FreeBSD guru.
>
> gert

I run mgetty and ppp on FreeBSD (both on FreeBSD 2.2-Stable and 3.0-Current),
so I might be able to help. However, I use ppp and not pppd. When using ppp,
everything out of the box 'just works', without any special fiddling of the
lock file location. Also, use mgetty as supplied in the ports directory.

Let me know if you need more info.

Best regards,
Ben
.