Vgetty with MVM1.2 and USR33.6

Marc SCHAEFER (schaefer@alphanet.ch)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:57:34 +0100

lonnig <lonnig@vnet.net> wrote:
> 2. I am trying to get MVM-1.2 to work. I have applied the patch
> supplied with mvm to rsynth and adjusted my voice.conf to use
> the supplied script. My say command used to output to my sound
> card but now writes to a tmp file (I guess this is what the patch
> did). Has anyone tried using MVM or gotten it to work?

me :-) (and at least two others, it seems).

Ok, mvm is still in its infancy.

> Vgetty does it's thing but the voice_script just sits there.

vgetty is supposed to launch mvm, do not launch voice_script.sh
by itself.

I suggest you try the latest version anyway:
 http://www-internal.alphanet.ch/archives/local/alphanet/mvm/

which is 1.3-beta1.

I am in a major rewrite to logically restructure this into different
files and make the installation procedure easier and more reliable.

.