mgetty voice/fax/data

Paul Miller (paul@3dillusion.com)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 00:40:10 +0100

<Please reply to paul@3dillusion.com>

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Gert Doering wrote:

> > Does mgetty support silent answer? And how can I
> > send the +FAA=4 command to my modem instead of +FAA=1?
>
> No way.

Not even if I have an answer-chat command? Is there a work around? How
do voice/data/fax modems work?

> > Also, how do I tell mgetty to use caller id and look at
> > the dialin.config file?
>
> Should be done automatically. Just at "AT#CID=1 OK" to the end of your
> modem init sequence ("init-chat" in mgetty.config).

hm.. If I tell mgetty to deny all numbers expect for a couple of know fax
numbers, it still always answers the phone. I don't think it is being
read.

> > Finally, how can I monitor what mgetty is doing? I want smbclient to send
> > a message with the caller id strings to another machine when a voice call
> > is detected.
>
> Look at the log file.

In order for that to work, I have to increase the debug level a bunch.
Awhile ago, someone told me a way to monitor the port or something.. I
lost that message :( though. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks
-Paul

.