Hi all!

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:30:53 +0100

Hi,

Michael B. Wright wrote:
> Does anyone here use pppd for both dial-in and dial-out? I installed mgetty
> with auto_ppp, which works great, but now my dial-out services do not work
> properly. When I attempt to run my dial-up script, which always worked prior
> to installing mgetty, I recieve an error saying that my kernal has no ppp
> support. This is obviously incorrect. Any suggestions?

Most likely, this is a device locking problem.

Make sure you use ttyS*, not cua*, and that all programs in question agree
about the location of the LCK..ttyS* file.

gert
           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany      gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025    gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de