sendfax problem

Robert Colquhoun (rjc@trump.net.au)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:47:44 +0100

Hi Antonio,
*From what I've seen most of the 1996 modems do not work well, even though
your modem says Jan 1997, it looks like the same revision as the US 1996
models. It should be upgradeable, you'll will probably need to contact a
local 3com office, or you might be able to find the files on 3coms website

Try http://www.3com.com/ select driver downloads and look for international
versions.

The current latest firmware date appears to be April 1997 for US models a
few months later for international versions

*From experience(mainly with hylafax but should apply to mgetty)
	1995 models work fine
	1996 models generally only work in class 1
	1997 x2 models should work

Even though it 'works' this still means quite a high failure rate, errors
occuring 4 or 5 times more often than with the 3com Courier.

PS 3com should have a new firmware upgrade very soon for the 56k standard,
hopefully they've spared some time for their fax implementation.

-Robert

.