ppp? need help

Gernot Zander (hifi@gmx.de)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 11:57:44 +0100

Hi,

in de.alt.comm.mgetty Frank Wallacher <winbbs@handshake.de> wrote:

> As I know, mgetty has the possibility for auto ppp detection, but I
> donīt know how to set up.
> What configuration files I need?

/usr/local/etc/mgetty+sendfax:
 login.config:
 /AutoPPP/ - ppp  /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap login
 mgetty.config:
 port ttyS1
 # CLASS 2.0 modem, proper modem configuration stored with AT&W
 speed 115200
 switchbd 115200
 init-chat "" ATZ OK
/etc/hosts:
192.168.72.11   dialup01

/etc/ppp/options.ttyS1:
-defaultroute \
-detach \
modem \
crtscts \
login \
lock \
+pap \
:dialup01 \
-vj -ac -pc

/etc/ppp/pap-secrets:
username_from_/etc/passwd your_server_name ""

This will allow all of this users to use ppp with the same
password as if they log in to a shell.
Or delete the "login" options and enter a passwort in place of
the "".
You can try without -vj, but this makes trouble sometimes.
They must use pap to autenticate and they will get 192.168.72.11
as IP. You can allow acces to your proxy and masquerade/firewall
this IP.

This works very fine!

mfg.
Gernot

--
<hifi@gmx.de> (Gernot Zander)
Meine Erfahrung zeigt: hast du Scanner, brauchst du RAM.