sendfax problem

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:33:36 +0100

Hi,

Mario Becroft wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Gert Doering wrote:
> > >From the amount of questions about *exactly* this problem seen on the
> > mailing list lately, *ALL* Sportsters seem to be unable to send class 2.0
> > fax. The error message differs (sometimes it's +FHS:24, sometimes it's
> > +FHS:25, sometimes it's a weird failure after transmitting the page), but
> > all in all, I haven't received ANY success report.
>
> If by this you mean the Sportsters cannot send faxes in class 2 *at all*
> (as opposed to working sometimes), well I certainly don't have this
> problem. I purchased a USR Sportster 33.6 voice/fax modem recently, and
> although I haven't sent many faxes with it yet, it has always worked fine
> so far. This doesn't mean it doesn't have an intermittent problem, though.
> That is in class 2, I haven't tested class 1.

This is very interesting, as this is the first success report that I have
received so far.

Could you please send the full output of "ATI", "ATI1", ..., "ATI9" to the
list? Someone was compiling a list of known-to-be-working USR Sportster
variants, and I'm sure he'll love to have one working entry... :)

gert

           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany      gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025    gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de