sendfax problem

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:22:27 +0100

Hi,

Antonio Prioglio wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Gert Doering wrote:
> > This is normal. I don't have to look at the log file -- the USR Sportster
> > series has a very poor fax firmware implementation.
> >
> > > The modem works fine as I tested it with the stupid fax software that MS
> > > has made for NT.
> >
> <snipped>
>
> > Just return it. Tell them class 2.0 support is broken, and ask for full
> > money refund. If they want proof, show them this part of the log file:
> >
> <snipped>
>
> > This is very clear evidence that the modem is broken -- there's nothing
> > you can do in class 2.0 if the modem is unable to establish a connection
> > to a remote machine, failing like this.
> >
> Thank you for the prompt reply.
> What I have not entirely understood is if ALL the Sportster Flash are
> broken, or the particular one I have?

*From the amount of questions about *exactly* this problem seen on the
mailing list lately, *ALL* Sportsters seem to be unable to send class 2.0
fax. The error message differs (sometimes it's +FHS:24, sometimes it's
+FHS:25, sometimes it's a weird failure after transmitting the page), but
all in all, I haven't received ANY success report.

> Will the Courier be better?

The Courier is fine. It can be improved (polling doesn't work), but basic
functionality is good.

gert
           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany      gert@greenie.muc.de