problem with sending faxes with Sportster flash

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:41:17 +0100

Hi,

this is something that is asked on the mailing list about once a week.
The USR Sportster is not able to reliably send faxes. Please take
the sendfax log file, and show it to USR (also telling them the number
of the remote machine), and ask them for a firmware update that will
repair the problem.

(It *IS* a firmware problem, there's nothing mgetty can do about it).

gert

           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany      gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025    gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de