vgetty functions, but mgetty can't receive faxes ...

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:35:43 +0100

Hi,

Marc Eberhard wrote:
> > Robert Frank wrote:
> > Yes, this might be a problem. Vgetty has (had?) the serial port set to
> > VTIME>0, which will cause problems in the fax receiver.
>
> Well, in libvoice/init.c the modem is initialized to:
>
> voice_tio.c_cc[VMIN] = 0;
> voice_tio.c_cc[VTIME] = 0;

Hmm. That could also cause the problem (should even cause it much
more quickly). Mgetty uses tio_mode_raw():

 t->c_cc[VMIN] = 1;
 t->c_cc[VTIME] = 0;

> Apart from that, the original mgetty settings should be restored by
> vgetty before switching back to mgetty code... but I have to look
> closer into this, to be sure, that I didn't miss something.

That might be a problem. I will also check this, I'm not sure right now
which parts of what set TIO to what...

> > [And which causes problems with AIX' and others select() implementation]
> >
> > Marc, what's the current state of this? Is VTIME still >0, when waiting
> > for a call?
>
> No, I'm nearly sure, this isn't the case.

Hmmm. I will have to check vgetty on AIX once more, and find out whether
it works now or not.

gert
           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany      gert@greenie.muc.de