Practical Peripherals

Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:08:58 +0100

Hi,

James CE Johnson wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response!
>
> I fear you may be correct :-(
>
> AT+FCLASS=? returns to me 0,1,1.0

Yep. No class 2.x :-(

> Hmmm... I wonder if that's false advertising since the packaging
> explicitly says Class 1 and Class 2.

It is.

> I wouldn't ordinarily bother you with a question like this, but since
> I have your attention... can you recommend a 56K (Flex) faxmodem?
> Unfortunately our office modem pool has chosen Flex over X2, so my
> fully-working USR is no good to me anymore :-(

Hmmm, I can't recommend *anything* built on Rockwell chips. My
experiences with Rockwell modems have been nothing but bad, while the USR
Courier's are very good.

Why not just stay with V.34 and type slower? That way you could keep your
USR. (That's what I would do).

gert

           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany      gert@greenie.muc.de