Auto_PPP and userid

Erik Corry (erik@arbat.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:11:10 +0100

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980213190612.1245A-100000@warrior.uk.logics.com> you wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, admin wrote:

> > We have mgetty 1.1.9 installed and working, intel R.H. 5.0, except for
> > the following.
> > When a user logs on, instead of their username displaying, the "a_ppp"
> > from mgetty's login.config displays.
> >
> > We have the same version of mgetty on intel R.H. 4.2 and it displays the
> > username and Not the a_ppp from the login.config file.

> This is probably because you are using shadow passwords, redhat has
> finally released a pamified version of pppd for redhat 5. Its available in
> the errata the filename is ppp-2.3.3-2.i386.rpm. That should hopefully
> get it working again.

This rpm didn't work for me. I have pam-0.59-5 and no shadow
passwords. Is is working for everyone else? I suppose I may
have a messed up pam setup from a slightly dodgy RH5.0 upgrade
(I didn't realise you weren't allowed to just download the
rpms one at a time and install them).

The symptom is that pppd rejects all callers, even if the
password is correct.

--
Erik Corry erik@arbat.com
.