Auto_PPP and userid

Chris Bond (chris@uk.logics.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:11:23 +0100

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, admin wrote:

> We have mgetty 1.1.9 installed and working, intel R.H. 5.0, except for
> the following.
> When a user logs on, instead of their username displaying, the "a_ppp"
> from mgetty's login.config displays.
>
> We have the same version of mgetty on intel R.H. 4.2 and it displays the
> username and Not the a_ppp from the login.config file.

This is probably because you are using shadow passwords, redhat has
finally released a pamified version of pppd for redhat 5. Its available in
the errata the filename is ppp-2.3.3-2.i386.rpm. That should hopefully
get it working again.

--
 Regards, From Chris.

 --==== SysOp of Logics BBS ====--  irc Nickname: |Fingers|
  Chris@uk.logics.com   Tel: +44 (0) 1432 370535
  ---================---   Data: +44 (0) 1432 278319
 http://www.uk.logics.com/  Pager:+44 (0) 1523 459522
  or fingers@bofh.co.uk

...Software is like sex. It's better when it's free...

.