A question on blank pages when faxing.

Tom Diehl (tdiehl@pil.net)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:57:29 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for not responding more quickly. No time.

Oh boy, I do understand that!!

> Hmmm. Please check whether it's actually creating the blank page in the
> .../spool/fax/outgoing directory. If yes, there is a problem in creation
> of the postscript files or in the ghostscript installation.

The pages are actually created by ghostscript (ie a 2 pg fax is putting
3 pages in the spool dir). I am using a ghostscript 5.03 rpm that I got from
redhat and recompiled for glibc (redhat 5.0). I made no configuration
changes. The postscript files are created by gawk.
If I send it to the printer using ghostscript all is ok. What is the
difference between using the dfaxhi/lo and the faxg3 drivers? I am
using the faxg3 drivers ( I do not appear to have the dfaxhi/lo
drivers compiled in. I do appear to have faxg32d and fax g4. Are these of
any use?) I have also tried with and without a fax header no change.
Since the files print to the printer just fine I _think_ the postscript files
are ok, so I guess I have a gs problem?
The problem is I am not sure where to start. I guess I will
have to see what kind of configuration can be done with ghostscript.

Any suggestions?

......Tom			"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
tdiehl@pil.net			 for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

	 Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

.