Re: The concept of "wizardly ethics"

>On Mon, 26 Feb 1996, Kenneth L. Bolton wrote:
>
>> <snip> When one of the guests from the remote locations
>> began acting up, spamming the discussion, insulting the participants,
>> acting unreasonably aggresive toward others of the guests, the
>> responsibility fell to me to @toad the bozo.
>This is infact the purpose for toad...but:
>
>> <snip> =D1 the toadee was the professor of one of the
>> other classes and it affected my grade.
>This is an understandable problem. I myself will opt for booting the=20
>player before toading, expecialy if it's someone who can affect grades.

A favorite solution that I have is to create "say" and "emote"
verbs upon the player.... non-functional ones that notify no-one
except the player.  Often they won't catch on for a long time...

Of course, it prevents them from sending mail, so you have to turn it
off eventually, but it certainly is much more amusing than booting or
toading.

    /t

Tom Ritchford     tom@mvision.com, tom@weirdos.com

Verge's "Little Idiot" -- Music for the mentally peculiar.
1-800-WEIRDOS           http://www.fly.net/~tom/verge.html